Make sure your new tattoo heals the best it can!
- Remove bandage after two hours.
- Wash hands: lather hands with warm water and antibacterial soap. Wash tattoo gently and rinse with water.
- Pat dry….do not rub.
- Re-apply either A&D Ointment or Tattoo Goo in a thin layer to the tattoo. NEVER apply ointment too thick, for it may set back your healing by making the area too soft so that the ink can not dry efficiently.
- Wash tattoo twice a day…and be sure to re-apply ointment.
- On the sixth or seventh day of healing, the top layer of the tattoo should begin to peel, such as a sunburn does. This should last for a few days. NOTE: Keep in mind that this does depend on the piece and amount of work…the process could be somewhat longer for larger scale pieces.
- After peeling, around the seventh day, you should switch to a skin lotion. Be sure you don’t use anything that is too strongly scented. We suggest Curel Unscented lotion or something equal to that.
Please refrain from the tanning bed for at least the first week of healing.
Also, please avoid prolonged soaking in water such as long baths, hot tubs, swimming pools, etc. for at least a week.
Please use the ointment your artist suggests to you. We know what will heal your tattoo the best and have your best interest at heart. Avoid triple antibiotic ointment, Vaseline, etc. and stick with the A&D ointment or Tattoo Goo.
Call us at (740) 779-2622 if you have any questions.